Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I love living where I do...

Sure, I'd like the weather to be a little warmer sometimes... and I'd like it if our May long weekend camping trip did not have to be cancelled because of snow, but living so close to the mountains has some wonderful perks- like being able to drive an hour or so away from home and be here:



The last time we stopped at Chateau Lake Louise was when I was expecting this one:



It was a little earlier in the year though, around February 1998- the lake was completely frozen then and a path was cleared and you could walk across it, not this time though.

On this visit, the kids loved throwing rocks out onto the lake to see if they could break the thin ice on the edge... the sun stayed out long enough for us to walk a good portion of the way around. And I'm not naming names (Cole and Connor) but some of us might have ended up with wet feet before our walk was done. Next time, I'd like to see the lake without ice/snow and maybe even plan ahead and spend the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment